In this blog, we will be sharing our tips for hiring the perfect wedding DJ.
We know searching for and hiring the perfect Wedding DJ isn’t an easy process. Whether it’s a friends’ recommendation, online search, or vendor referral.
- Well-Rounded DJ.
- Our first tip consist of the DJ’s mixing skills. Are they able to beat-match? Do they know different genres of music? Do they keep up-to date with the new trends?
- When searching for a DJ, it’s important to find someone who knows how to mix in & out of songs & genres smoothly, which translates to continuous flows of dancing.
- Next it’s important to be knowledgeable about different genres of music. Your guests may be from another country or area, young or old, or simply have their own taste of music. Having a vast library will allow your DJ to give everyone in attendance a great time by hitting the song or genre that gets them dancing.
- We think the Top 200 wedding playlist has some great hits, but there are also songs that come out on a weekly and monthly basis that you may want to incorporate into your big day. It’s important that your DJ is up-to-date on most recent trends and songs.
- Polished MC.
- Hiring the Perfect Wedding DJ is not just about having someone who can DJ, but also your MC (Master of Ceremonies). This person announces your Grand Entrance, First Dance, Cake-Cutting and much more. The main objective of your MC is to properly inform guests of what event is coming up next or taking place while not projecting a “star of the show” but acting like a liaison to make sure the couples are the only stars of the night.
- Event Management Experience
- Your Wedding DJ / MC must have a good understanding about how a Wedding goes and how one event transitions to the next event.
- 1-2 months prior to your wedding your DJ should schedule a final planning meeting with you, in which you will go over all your details and your song choices. At your meeting your DJ should help you come up with a timeline from start to finish that best represents the events you have chosen to take place. It’s vital that those events are properly placed in the right order and timing to help maximize flow.
- In addition to helping with correcting the timing of your events, your DJ will also help in recommending the correct time period of your songs; however it best fits for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing or sound-track for one of your important events such as your Grand-Entrance.
- Is your DJ using commercial grade equipment or their home stereo system?
- It’s important that your DJ uses the best grade equipment from microphones for announcing, to speakers to play your music. Do they back up equipment just in-case something is not working, such as speakers, microphones, laptop’s? We recommend you always ask. Technology doesn’t last forever, so its best to go with someone who has the commercial grade equipment. It’s also important to be prepared if they have to replace something the day of the wedding.
- Our last and most important tip is Connection.
- It’s important to have a good connection and synergy with your DJ. If you do, it will make the overall process easier. They will be able to properly understand your vision and the communication will be easy going. They will know what you are looking for.
- We understand that a wedding happens once and is a day filled with many emotions. It’s important to find someone who will not treat you as a transaction, but instead as an actual human being. Taking pride in understanding your big day only happens once and it should go exactly as you envision it!
We hope that our tips for hiring the perfect wedding DJ will help you in your search. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us!